Disclosure: Some links in our articles are Affiliate Links. What this means is if you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
WordPress has been around since 2003 when it was created for bloggers to have a place to store their content, making it shareable for others to see and enjoy. But by itself, WordPress is simply a web builder that makes it very easy to create and grow your website. To have your website available on the web for others to discover, however, you need a domain name as well as a web host.
A web host, different from a web builder, enables people and organizations to post their website or web page to the internet. Websites live on servers. When an internet user wants to view your website, they just need to type your website address or domain into their browser, and voila, they will be able to see everything your website has to offer.
There are many web hosting platforms out there. And quite frankly, they aren’t the same. Many new business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs look for the cheapest path forward, often selecting an affordable and inexpensive web hosting platform to help them get started. Unfortunately, what they don’t realize is that they will likely need to invest in a new web hosting service down the road if they genuinely want their business to grow. And all too often, that investment requirement comes a lot sooner than they think.
8 Advantages of a Quality Web Hosting Service
If you are contemplating an investment in a website hosting service, check out this list of benefits you need to consider before making your final section.
- Customer support – Unless you have the time and skills to troubleshoot when needed, don’t underestimate the value of high-quality customer support. Though you never want anything to go wrong, things do. It is inevitable that at some point, something is going to happen, and you are going to need support fast. Make sure that any service provider can provide the level of customer support that you expect and deserve. Look for 24/7 expert help that is there when you need it. The best quality web hosts will provide support by phone, email, or live chat.
- Reliability – Look for a web hosting provider with reliable uptime so you won’t need to struggle with technical pitfalls. The right service provider will ensure your site is safe, up to date, and fast.
- Website design – This is a big one. If you have a web design background, then maybe this might not seem all that important. But do you have the time to create your own site and iterate it to make sure it is user-friendly and intuitive? Do you have the time to update the site as needed, ensuring the site is accessible to all users? The chances are that even if you have the skills to manage your site’s design, your time might be better spent on other needs.
- Content control – Free hosting options seriously limit certain aspects of your site, making content hard to share. Professional and high-quality web hosting services put you in control.
- Domain name and email address – Domains are an essential aspect of growing your brand online. High-quality hosting services will help you create a domain name and supply you with a relevant email address that you can share with your customers. Web hosting services such as Bluehost allow customers to enjoy a free domain of their choice for the first year after creating their WordPress hosting account. And, hosting services such as Bluehost make it easy for you to transfer your existing domain if you need to do so.
- Speed and space – Professional hosting services ensure that your visitors experience fast and efficient load times. If your page loads slowly, you’ll experience higher abandonment and bounce rates. And, if your website is too slow, it doesn’t matter how great your content is. Customers expect fast, and when they don’t get it, they will leave and go elsewhere.
- SEO – A high-quality hosting service will help you improve your website ranking to appear on the first page of Google search results. If you aren’t on the first page, the chances are that customers won’t find your page.
- Security – As the internet is accessible to pretty much anyone and is a primary means for conducting business, there is a high risk that your site can become subject to exploitation by disreputable people. A lack of security can be devastating to a company if control of their website or data gets into the wrong hands. For this reason, security is often the most critical benefit that WordPress bloggers seek when looking for website hosting. Your hosting service will provide greater protection from hacking, viruses, and loss of data.
Investing in a High-Quality Website Hosting Service is a No-Brainer
Ultimately, the decision to invest in a high-quality website hosting service is up to you. And who you select will play a significant role in your website’s overall success and the business you conduct on it. Your security is on the line, you’ll want support when things go wrong, and you’ll minimize the loss of sales if you don’t have the followers and traffic that you need to support your business goals.
A quality website hosting service will boost your search engine optimization (SEO) and site performance and ensure your site content is reliable. Refrain from going for the best deal that you come across. Instead, take the time to do your homework and look at what is important to you and your site. Though you can always upgrade later, this is just one of those things where making the right investment upfront will truly count.